Sunday, February 4, 2007

Dear blog,
I found a Catholic church here in the capital. It's called St. James, the same name as my parish in Abbotsford. The English mass started at 7:30 a.m. and lasted two hours. I certainly stood out but the Ghanian people are friendly and made me feel welcome. If my church at home sang with half thevolume and energy of the mass I attended this morning, we would have a parish growing by leaps and bounds.
I have been assigned my Canadian partner to work with at the various creditunion assignments. By happenstance, it is Mr. Gene Creelman, VP Marketing & Communications from Interior Savings Credit Union in Kelowna. Gene and I used to work together at Envision and we are both pilots. We have a lot in common. We leave before lunch and will travel about two hours. We are told that the roads are in good condition this week. It should be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry, it's always a pleasure reading your posts! Good luck to you in Ghana, it's going to be an awesome experience.

Anonymous said...

Barry
Tell Gene that we will be watching your blog daily. As Gene is a seasoned 'coach' I am positive you will be in good hands!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barry:

It's great to see you doing this. Your passion is just what Canada's credit unions need. And if you can't find a place for your boxes when you get back, give me a call!